Artica Official site | Download Isos and virtual appliances
With the exponential growth of uncontrolled IT equipment (tablets/PCs for schoolchildren, businesses, medical equipment etc.), securing their web traffic has become an essential issue.
DNS filtering makes it easy to protect your web traffic by filtering at DNS level access to malicious, illegal or inappropriate domains or sites.
DNS Firewall service is a highly DNS-, DoS- and abuse-aware load-balancer.
- Its goal in life is to route traffic to the best server, cache DNS responses and delivering top performance to legitimate users while shunting or blocking abusive traffic.
- It have capabilities to forge DNS entries in order to enforce resolution of some hosts.
- DNS Load-balancing service is dynamic, its configuration using ACLs methods,.
- Possibility to create complex rules for SafeSearch(s) activation
- Possibility to control and display the status of all DNS backends.
- Possibility to use DNS-Over-HTTPs downstream servers.
- Possibility to use OpenDNS and OpenDNS family as backends DNS servers
- Possibility to deploy your own DNS-Over-HTTPs server.
- Display rule names in real time events and real-time events by rule
- Display cached records and delete cached records
- Add possibility to use an Internal Error page when domains are spoofed.
There are some products that admit to the notion of a DNS firewall but only offer malicious host filtering capabilities.
Artica Load-balancing does the same but works as a firewall dedicated to DNS protocol.
It offers the possibility to create ACLs like a firewall to influence DNS responses.
With DNS Firewall method it is possible to do this kind of advanced rule :
For a DNS request that is resolved with A or NS or CNAME query on a server located in Panama and if the domain have “.club” or “.pro”' and “.xyz” extension and if it is categorized as Advertising or Tracker, then change the resolved IP address to 127.0.0.1
- When creating DNS rules, you can associate objects that are focused on a given operation during resolution processing, such as host name, connecting IP address, resolved IP address, destination country, operation period, requested domain category.
Objects contain multiple records and can be associated with rules in order to build a true hosts resolution security.
¶ Main features: