The MySQL database: used to store records.
- The PowerDNS system: used to answer queries only stored in the MySQL database.
- The PowerDNS recursor: used to forward queries to external resolvers if domains are not stored in the MySQL database.
If you want your Artica server as a real DNS system (means resolve foreign domains) ,
you have to install the PowerDNS recursor.
- To install the Recursor service, use the “Your System / Features” section
- Search the record “recursor” and click on “Install” button.
- Under the left menu “PowerDNS system / Status”, you should see a new status “DNS Recursor service”
In this case, your Artica server will be able to resolve local domains and foreign domains.